Monday, December 9, 2013

THE DEATH RACE by Leidy Jiménez


I remember a common activity that we could do to have fun each year around my town. It was called the Observation race. My friend and I wanted to join it. I really have never participated, but I did it that day. The Observation race started in the morning. My friend and I already had a group, so we were prepared. We’re just waiting for the signal. Then we start to run, while we were doing it. We had to pass some bases where each group had a challenge. Our challenges were sliding by a wet plastic on the floor; climbing trees and low mountains; playing on swamp. Those activities were really fun. For that reason we were very happy. Even more, we wanted to win. The last challenge was in a river where we covered our eyes and walk around the river. We weren’t wearing a swim suit; we’re just wearing sport clothes. So we didn’t think to swim. After that, someone told us that the race’s finished at that moment, but that person has not finished to say it when a fool guy pushed my friend and she fell into the deep water. I was walking out of the river when I heard that she was screaming for help. So I looked at her and she was drowning. I jumped into the water fast and I tried to save her, but I didn’t can do it because she was very desperate and I was drowning, too. Few minutes later I could leave from the river and screamed to save my friend. There were a lot of people around us and no one wanted to save my friend. I was very nervous and I wanted to cry, but at that moment some kids heard me and saved my friend. After that, my friend was pretty angry because people didn’t help us fast and I was nervous yet. Finally we were laughing at that situation because I lost my shoes and I had to walk barefoot by the stone road. When we arrived to the main park to see who’s won, no one was there. So we went home.

I didn’t want to take a shower because I was scared of the water, but I was covered by swamp and I had to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment